Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Weekend Warriors

Hello All,

Since my last post, we have come back from Spring Break and this past weekend we played  a couple of doubleheaders. You can tell we had been on break for awhile but I know it was a well deserved break for everyone especially the players. We had our first bus trip and as much as I try to double check to make sure I have everything the team needs (balls, bats, helmets,etc), I just asked our players to make sure they had their uniforms. Well, guess what-we are proceeding down the interstate, probably an hour away from destination, and one of the players comes to the front of the bus and says "Coach, I brought the wrong uniform." So, instead of panic mode, we went to our backup plan of attack. We figured out how to get the uniform to our game,  inserted a new starter into the lineup and off we go. Then, we had 2 players go down with injuries, one taken to hospital and the other did go back in to the game eventually. Although we didn't win those games, we kept fighting whether it was physically and/or mentally. Gotta love the game of softball- until next time . . . GO SQUIRRELS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment