Monday, August 12, 2013

2013 Season in Review

Hello All,

It is the beginning of August and I have taken some time to reflect about the past softball season. I looked back and thought about what we did accomplish, what we didn't do, etc.

As I have been reflecting and assessing the season, it was very beneficial to me. There were games we played that we simply didn't make enough routine plays and gave the opponents many opportunities to capitalize. There were games where we executed to perfection and came away with a couple of big wins for our program. We made some giant strides this past season. Our record may not have shown that but this young, talented squad put the team before themselves. We had great leadership among the captains and I want to continue to build on this momentum. I am hungry for the fall season to start and to continue where we left off.

This summer has flown by and within the next two weeks, our fall athletes will be arriving on campus. I couldn't imagine any better place to be working. If you look around campus sometime, this is an absolute beautiful place to be. I can't say thanks enough for the support softball gets from the athletic department as well as the fans that show up or follow us online.

Let's continue to build the excitement for our future!!

Until next time . . . . . . . . . GO SQUIRRELS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment