Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Another Day

Hello All,

Let me just say that as a coach I wonder sometimes what I am thinking. Today, before the start of practice, I was talking to some of the players and I asked them if they could sing. Some said yes, some said no, one said they could rap. I then proceeded to see what they thought of the idea of singing the National Anthem as a team before a softball game. Now don't ask me why I even thought of that but after I asked, they decided to try and sing as a group. Needless to say, sometimes I think we need to be careful what we ask. It was pretty funny to hear some of the ranges, and don't get me wrong, there were a couple that weren't bad. For the majority, we would probably just move our lips and pretend we were singing and that is including myself. We finally regrouped after that and started our practice. They worked hard today and we even played in the rain for about 10-15 minutes. I didn't want anyone hurt so we cut practice short a little. We have a really good bunch and it has been pleasing so far. Until next time . . . GO SQUIRRRELS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment