Saturday, January 14, 2012

Friday the 13th

Hello All,

Friday the 13th could be a superstitious bad luck day for some people but for myself, it was a really good day. As a coach, I wanted to get some administrative work out of the way so the softball team got their uniforms and we took individual and team pictures. When we were handing out uniforms, it made me think about the numbers that players choose. Having a number on a jersey doesn't make you play better, you make yourself play better. But it's interesting how people have to have a certain number. I look back and I was the same way as a player. I wonder why-maybe because the number means something to the person, like a family member wore it. Whatever the reason it all boils down to the number doesn't make you as a player. I believe having a story behind the number just makes it all that much more special. And sometimes a player comes in not being able to get their number based on circumstances beyond their control. Lucky for us Friday the 13th was a good day all around. And to top the day off, one of my assistants baked us a cake. It wasn't just a cake - it was a cake with our MBC logo on it. A lot of time I'm sure was put into making this cake from scratch- a lot of attention to details, and in the end it brought a lot of smiles to the faces of the players. You know in life it's the little things that we have to take care of and the big things will happen. Hopefully this will transition over into softball this spring. We are off to a good start and we will see where this journey takes us this spring.
Until next time. . . . GO SQUIRRELS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment