Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Thoughts

Hello All,

It has been a couple of weeks since I last posted and I am sorry to my readers. Our softball team is working really hard on and off the field. We are about a week and a half away from opening our season and I can't be more excited to get started. I am passionate about this team and each person brings something in themselves to make this team better each day. Which brings me to my next thoughts.
As a coach, I know that our job is to help each and every player become the best that they can be while they are with us. I know this isn't easy. I have to put forth the effort to find what I need to do to help each player reach their highest level of performance and watch them go above and beyond what anyone thought they could. It is a constant effort even when I am frustrated, tired or out of answers for something. As a player, it is your job to put forth the effort that coaches ask you to bring to each practice/game. If you aren't willing to run a fly ball out in practice, what makes coaches think you will do it in a game? You as a player have to hold yourself accountable or you will be made accountable for the choices that you make. Are you the type of player that positively affects others, that makes other players raise their game and improve their performance?
As a coach and/or player, we need to look in the mirror at the person that can have the biggest impact on our success. It starts with ourselves. We need to stop blaming other people or outside circumstances. Anyone that has ever been successful, at some point, has been discouraged, out of their comfort zone, loss in confidence or felt like a failure. However, they overcame those and moved forward. It didn't mean they weren't worthy or weren't good enough. They just had to keep pushing forward. Whether we are a coach or a player, we have to keep pushing forward if we want to be successful. Part of being successful is being consistent in our performance. Doing the little things makes the big things happen. We only get out of something what we put into it and that goes for coaching or playing. I want our athletes to do everything that we ask of them to the best of their ability. We can choose to do what is right or we can choose not to. However, consequences come with both choices, good or bad. I read a quote the other day and it said "If you can't excel with talent, triumph with effort." For MBC softball, that's all we ask each of you every day- give us all your effort in whatever we are doing and we will win!
Until next time . . . GO SQUIRRELS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment