Sunday, February 5, 2012

PEGS

Hello All,

As I mentioned in my previous post, we put up dugouts yesterday on our field. There was one part of the dugouts that I haven't mentioned yet so I thought I would in this post.
Our dugouts are constructed out of timber and the framing is put together with pegs instead of nails. It was really interesting watching it all come together from the plans to the final product. We had quite a lot of pegs that went into each dugout, over 100 probably, and so what we did was sell the pegs for an amount and with each peg, the donor could write whatever they wanted on the peg. Then it went into the dugout and will be there permanently. These dugouts will outlast our lifetimes.
So, it has been neat seeing what people would right on there pegs. Most people put their names, some put Bible scriptures, some put their softball years of playing and their uniform numbers on, etc. Some even went so far as to decorate and paint their pegs. But no matter what people wrote, painted, etc. on their peg, they all were a necessity for the dugouts. Without the donors of the pegs, the dugouts wouldn't have happened either. So I don't want to leave everyone out that contributed to the dugouts as it has been many. I can't name everyone but I want you to know that you made this happen as well for the MBC softball team and we really appreciate you.
If you are ever at MBC, at a softball game, or just curious, please take a look at the dugouts because you were definitely a big part of this project happening. I know times are hard for people now and everyone's money is a necessity but you found it in your hearts to help out-thanks!!!!
Until next time. . . GO SQUIRRELS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment